Saturday, April 7, 2012

Life in Skateboarding

Life in Skateboarding

To The University of Chicago Admissions Counselors: To ride atop a skateboard is to dance with the world below. My experience doing so has led me to relish so many of its subtletiesâ€"streets, walls, cracks and curbs that I once mechanically stepped overâ€"as opportunities for joy and expression. Please enjoy this short video about how, through skateboarding, I have learned how to move forward towards the goals I hold in the many facets of my life while enjoying the ride there. Filmed by Brennan Mackay and Savannah Vogt, then compiled and dictated by Ben Golombek in 2010 as part of Gnarwalls of Los Angeles' "Life in Skateboarding" documentary. Music: "Who Knows, Who Cares" by Local Natives Ben Golombek, Transfer Applicant, The University of Chicago 2012





0 comments: